Howdy all embedded development maestros out there! Would you like to join our nerdy jolly bunch that welcomes you with open arms? If your answer is yes (and we sure hope it is!), check if you happen to possess some of the super powers we are looking for.
These skills could come in handy:
- Interest in Automation, Processing and Control Engineering
- Experience of agile software development, maybe even some scrum experience
- At least one (1) human language
- Some level of social skills and preferably a terrible sense of humor
These skills are nice to have but no must:
- Python and PLC
- Experience working with Real Time Operating Systems, fieldbus protocols and micro controllers
- Experience in real-time software design, hardware/software interactions
- Ability to understand engineering drawings
- 1 to 3 years of experience developing embedded software
A little bit about us
At Gambit, we digitize to make things easier. Our business-oriented apps and third party integrations make every work day better than the previous one. Our growing team currently consists of forty-something developers, designers and managers.
Working at Gambit
Creating a positive work environment is one of our driving factors and this year we’ve got our mind set on well-being. You might have heard that we were announced Ostrobothnia’s equality company of the year 2021 (#humblebrag) and we believe this says something about our values.
In the good old days, we used to meet up every now and then outside of work to barbeque, watch a movie or play Dungeons & Dragons. Until things get back to normal, we mostly hang out online at various nerdy seminars or go bananas on Slack, but we actually did manage to spend a day together outdoors this winter practicing some downhill skiing and enjoying yummy hamburgers (no worries – these activities were not performed simultaneously).
Our offices are located in Vaasa, Pietarsaari and Varkaus, for this position you’d be working from our headquarters in Vaasa or from our cozy office in Pietarsaari. Both locations offer tasty lunch alternatives and most importantly – amazing colleagues (yes, available at all locations!).
That’s right up my alley, what now?
If this sounds interesting, please use this form to send us… well, for example your application, questions or anything else, and we’ll get back to you pronto! The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person so hit the send button rather sooner than later!